This recipe is gluten-free, vegan, dairy free, raw, natural, unprocessed….
But that’s not why I love this recipe. I love it because it is incredibly calorie dense, full of micronutrients, absolutely delicious, portable and filling. Everything that an athlete needs.
Plus, it was shared with me by a guy named Sajo (which is cool in and of itself), and he looks like this:
Sorry for the crappy cropping job, but it was the only shirtless pic I could find on his Facebook.
- 1/2-1 Whole Avocado
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 2 tbsp-1/4cup of Nut Butter (Almond or otherwise)
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Powder or Natural Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 tsp of xylitol/agave nectar/maple syrup/honey to sweeten
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- (Optional) 1 Drop of organic essential oil of peppermint
- Mix thoroughly by hand with fork or in food processor
- Use ingredients at room temperature to facilitate easier mixing
- Garnish with fresh raspberries or sliced almonds
- 769 Calories
- 57g Total Fat
- 12g Protein
- 64g Carbohydrates